samedi 8 septembre 2012
Uwe Schmidt is a man of many names: Candy Ballsak, Brown, CMYK, Coeur Atomique, Don Atom, Erik Satin, Fonosandwich, Geeez 'N' Gosh, Los Negritos, Machine Paisley, Second Nature or Weird Shit. But we particularly remember Atom™, Atom Heart and Señor Coconut.
From the early days of rave and German techno to ambient, glitch, cosmic jazz, Schubertians influences and covers with a salsa twist, he is one of the most eclectic musician of electronic music's recent history... Ladies & Gentlemen, please welcome the master of today's incongruity: Uwe Schmidt.
1. Your first musical memories?
2. The best record you received as a present? / The worst one?
Best: Sun-ra: The singles. Worst: Europe: The final Countdown
3. The first record that you lost?
Never lost any.
4. The name of your imaginary band?
5. In which environment do you like to record music?
In my studio, called “The bowman suite”.
6. What will music sound like in 50 years / 5000 years?
7. Who changed your life?
Way too many people to mention here.
8. Is today's incongruity usual?
9. Your favourite album to have a drink?
Not an album, just a song: “My heart belongs to daddy” (Cole Porter)
10. Your dream collaboration?
Atom™ & Duke Ellington
11. The record that freaks you out?
Haruomi Hosono & T. Yokoo: “Cochin Moon”
12. Do you think, like Rem Koolhaas, that we should “Find optimism in the inevitable”?
If I knew what is supposed to be meant with “optimism”….???
13. The film that tickles your creativity?
14. The little-known track that everyone should have heard of?
Antonio Machín: Angelitos Negros
15. An album you wouldn’t want to be?
Any AC/DC album.
16. The cover version you would love to do?
I guess I did most of those I love.
17. “Imagine waking up tomorrow morning and all music has disappeared. All musical instruments and all forms of recorded music, gone. A world without music.”. What will you do ?
Prune some trees.
18. The text you would like to produce a soundtrack for?
Friedrich Nietzsche: “Die fröhliche Wissenschaft” (The Gay Science ou Le Gai Savoir)
19. Have you ever had auditory hallucinations?
Yes, of course.
20. How would you like to die?
Go to his wiki, to his soundcloud and to the raster-noton website.
Atom TM will be opening for Alan Vega at Gaité Lyrique the 19 october 2012.